Sunday, July 26, 2015

Instructor: Ericka Bellamy Joseph

Instructor Interview:  Ericka Bellamy Joseph (E.B. Joseph)
Class title and Subtitle:  Secrets of a Homeschool Mom: Tips, Tools and Techniques

Category: Homeschooling, Education


Ericka Bellamy Joseph (E.B. Joseph)


Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am a retired U.S. Marine of over 20 years. I am an Online Entrepreneur and currently a Homeschool Mom. What I do best is consolidate information in simple and easy to follow formats.  When I retired from the military, I had two dreams-homeschool my child and work for myself. It started with me writing the books floating in my brain and it has blossomed into much more.

What is one of your favorite positive sayings or quote?

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have proved 700 ways will not work”—Thomas Edison

Who or What inspired you to start creating this class?

When people would see and my daughter in the daytime and realized she was not in traditional school, they were so surprised. They always asked question. I realized homeschooling specific information could not be answered in a 15 minutes conversation.

What three words would you use to describe this class?

Resourceful, Empowering, Organize

Who is your target group for this class?

This class is geared for Parents thinking about Homeschooling for the first time.

Tell us about this class.

This class will show you step by step the work that is involved in Homeschooling. This class covers: Very important first steps, homeschooling is not cheap, easy teaching approaches, ways to teach that stick, rough days and focus training. I have been Homeschool Mom for three years of an elementary age child in the United States. I admit the scariest part of being a Homeschool parent is not way curriculum to purchase, but how to step into the role of a teacher. My daughter and I will demonstrate various teaching methods. This is a self-paced, online class taught with video animation and video demonstration.

What do you hope people will gain from taking your class?

I am hoping people will have enough detail information to weigh all the pros and cons before making their final decision.

What was your favorite part in producing this class?

I enjoyed the section demonstrating Abacus Math. It is fascinating to me.

What advice would you give to other Instructors?

Create all the easy videos first.

Tell us the link where potential students can enroll in your class.


Any additional links?


Is there anything else you would like to share about this Class?

Homeschooling is hard work, but it is also rewarding. This is a major decision, do your research.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your world.
Plan2Win