Friday, July 24, 2015

Author: Kathy Strahan

Author Interview:  Kathy Strahan and Co-author Ros Andrews

Book Title and Subtitle: The 14-day Gluten-free Guide: Fast Track Your Body to Lose Weight, Beat Disease and Look Amazing!

Genre: Health and Nutrition

Kathy Strahan

Tell us a bit about yourself.

I naturally inspire people because of my adaptation to life-long blindness. Yet, it has never been my main intention in life. In fact, my unintentional inspiration to others has always surprised and even embarrassed me. My earliest memories are of my immediate family and relatives commenting on how I get along so well despite my blindness. Heck, I was a typical curious and interested kid who wanted to learn about the world and to play in it. I wanted to be just like my five other brothers and sisters…To play and have a good time. As an example, I did teach myself to ride the family bicycle…And a few years ago, I got back on the bike to illustrate that removing fear could be a remarkable passport to everything good in life… Even wellness.

Now I love guiding others to see more clearly their options in life that will lead them to more health, more prosperity, more fulfilling relationships, and true peace and happiness. In my experience, Health and nutrition is the obvious place to start because we can see results pretty quickly.

Clearly, I have had to overcome many life challenges and it's my passion and pleasure to help others get to their best lives possible. One way I inspire folks is when I do regular daily activities of living like cooking. So I call it, "cooking without looking".

One of my top priorities in life is to feel really good and so I'm motivated to prepare healthy meals at home for my husband and me. In our book, "The 14-day Guide", we make it clear that in order to have optimal radiant health it's important to get back into the kitchen and prepare healthy meals. No one can be healthy if we eat the standard American diet, SAD.

What is one of your favorite positive sayings or quotes?

“Our only limits are self-imposed”.

Who or What inspired you to start writing this book?

I was inspired to write this book because of my own serious long-term digestive problems. I grew up in a family where my mom always prepared a home cooked dinner, but lunch and breakfast and most snacks were complete junk. Plus, I didn’t know any better and used antibiotics to get rid of a very light case of pimples while in college. I’m convinced that my long-term abuse of antibiotics seriously injured my digestive system. So, five years ago my health became so bad that I had to change my eating. The steps I took to heal my digestive health spurred me to pass what I know on to others so they can get and stay well.

What three words would you use to describe this book?

Transformational! Fascinating! Thought-provoking and actionable!

Who is your target group for this book?

The target group is people who think they eat healthfully and who exercise regularly, yet, they are not happy with their weight or how they look and feel. This guide is for anyone who has bad reactions to food like bread, pasta, and to highly processed food. Those who frequently have brain fog, unexplained headaches, low energy, who feel tired after eating, and who have uncontrollable cravings for food – especially sweets, bread, and other starchy food. This book is for those who have unexplained and totally unwanted digestive complaints, type 2 diabetes, overweight, skin issues, arthritis, achy joints, asthma, and other common health issues.

Tell us about this book.

Something you’re eating is killing you, and you likely do not know it! In fact, as alarming as it sounds, there is a little hidden assassin being sent out in most of your meals.
As you can see, none of this is your fault; you’ve been misled. And while you’re not to blame, this is your life, so it’s time to change.  For example: Your outwardly innocent morning muffin has hostile motives; that seemingly healthy low-fat deli sandwich has it in for you, and that pasta dinner is self-sabotage on a plate.

The nasty culprit I’m talking about is gluten and clearly you need to avoid it! Yes, gluten is that spongy protein that gives an irresistible fluffy texture to all baked goods.
But, is the momentary pleasure of eating this processed junk worth all of the eventual health consequences? Many health experts say no! And lest you protest by saying your Grandma has been eating and making muffins for years, the truth is that today’s gluten has been altered so that it’s NOTHING like hers. Today’s gluten is altered and hybrid by big agribusiness companies for compassionate reasons, but sadly, modern wheat and other gluten-based grains have been linked to obesity, raging allergies, and other modern illnesses. Gluten-free isn’t a fad; it’s a necessity if you want to get and stay healthy! To aid in this necessary health transformation, you’ll relish this simple lifestyle blueprint…

You will likely notice an exciting and obvious health jump-start in as little as 5 days. And, even more positive health shifts will continue to take place over 14 days of gluten-free eating. Yes, in only 14 days… That’s how powerful gluten-free eating is. What’s even better is you’ll do it without sacrificing variety, taste or nutrition. You’ll even enjoy quick and delicious comfort-food recipes -- including desserts people line up for! Right now, even as you are reading this, you are definitely on the right path to improve your body, and your entire life. Excited? Encouraged? Energized?

Good, then you can succeed at changing your relationship with food, and changing what you eat regardless of what’s happening in your life or what others are doing. As you gain more confidence in your food choices, you will begin eating with joy all the wonderful delicious, gluten-free and grain-free alternatives we will show you in our easy-to-use guide.
The problems with gluten are real, scientifically validated, and all-around-us! Remember, getting off gluten may not only make you feel better and lose weight, this 14-day gluten-free guide could save your life.

Do you have a favorite chapter from this book?

Chapter 1 is my favorite: Go Against the Grain to Save Your Life!

What do you hope people will gain from reading this book?

I truly hope that readers will be inspired to simply begin right where they are. Take one small step at a time to eating better. Begin by testing themselves with this 14-day eating plan. See if they feel better. Then sign up for our one-on-one help.

Is your book in Print, ebook or both?

It’s a Kindle book

What advice would you give to other Writers?

My advice to other writers is to simply start. Perhaps find someone to co-author the book. It’s a lonely process and having a partner/co-author, Roz Andrews made a world of difference. Alternatively, if you have a blog, likely you can repurpose that content you already have and create an eBook. We can repurpose the content we send in emails to subscribers by editing and rearranging the information into book form. Another option is to interview experts you respect and then get the interviews transcribed. These transcriptions can make a wonderful eBook you can sell or offer free on a landing page so you can begin building your audience.

Tell us the link where potential readers can buy this book.

http://hyperurl.co/0q0jbt

Any additional links?

For personal health mentoring from Kathy Strahan, meet up with her at:

Join the Gluten-free Girls so we can provide one-on-one support as you start your new gluten-free lifestyle:


If you were blind, would you try riding a bike?


Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your world.

Plan2Win