Author Interview: Ros Andrews and Co-author Kathy Strahan
Book Title and Subtitle: The 14-day Gluten-free Guide: Fast Track Your Body to Lose Weight, Beat Disease and Look Amazing!
Genre: Non-Fiction, Nutrition and Health
Tell us a bit about yourself.
My name is Ros Andrews. I am a natural therapist, herbalist and horticulturist.
After years of gut problems following a trip to Africa (loved the large wild animals but not the bugs I picked up) I found my 'cure' came from a gluten free diet. I no longer suffered from chronic constipation, brain fog and terrible skin allergies. It also started me on a path of study as a natural therapist which in turn led me to specialise in digestive
health. I set up my website Gutmatters (www.gutmatters.com) 7 years ago specializing in natural solutions to digestive disorders. In my clinic Accent on Healing in Sydney I meet with clients personally.
What is one of your favorite positive sayings or quotes?
"You don’t have to eat less; you just have to eat right." Unknown
Who or What inspired you to start writing this book?
With a background in horticulture and having always grown my own vegetables, I am a great believer in fresh organic produce. I love cooking and particularly like creating fresh salads and healthy snacks for my grandchildren. I believe that good health is totally linked to what you eat and more particularly digest. Once Kathy in USA and myself in Sydney found each other and started talking by Skype, we realized we had a mutual passion in the benefits of Gluten free eating. I found Kathy to be an inspirational person as her online 'cooking without looking' videos reflect her belief that if she as a blind person can do it, so can anyone. I think it was Kathy who suggested we write a book together.
What three words would you use to describe this book?
Inspirational, Easy-to-read, Practical
Who is your target group for this book?
People with digestive issues. We explain why gluten might be the cause of so many health issues and how 14 days gluten free is the ideal time to notice benefits and difference.
Tell us about this book.
The problems with gluten are real, scientifically validated, and all-around-us! The guide presents a convincing case as to how and why gluten can be an enemy with reference to the latest research and gurus on the topic. It identifies the worst-of-the-worst gluten offenders and what to do about it.
The authors show easy, fun ways to substitute gluten-based grains with naturally gluten-free substitutions. The same kinds of food our grandmother would recognize and that modern people can use today with the “cook big, freeze small” system taught throughout.
In fact, the second half of the book offers a 14-day meal plan with easy-to-prepare recipes including desserts people line up for.
Do you have a favorite chapter from this book?
Chapter 2 Gluten: Fad, Fiction or Fundamental? It was a fascinating journey researching the facts about modern gluten and its effects on health. I particularly enjoyed evaluating different claims that are made about gluten free and backing it up with the latest research.
What do you hope people will gain from reading this book?
* That readers will be inspired to take charge of their health by making a change to their diet.
* That it is easy and simple to have a gluten free diet with an emphasis on fresh unprocessed healthy foods.
* That the 14 day eating plan with recipes is simple and easy to follow.
* That we are happy to offer one on one follow up help.
Is your book in Print, ebook or both?
E book available on Amazon Kindle
What advice would you give to other Writers?
The first and easier part of the journey as an author is writing the book but even more important is planning and carrying out a marketing strategy so that people can know about you.
Tell us the link where potential readers can buy this book.
http://hyperurl.co/0q0jbt is a worldwide link
Any additional links?
Is there anything else you would like to share about this book?
We have been interviewed on Destiny Survival in the States. Here are the show notes:
We have had some inspiring testimonials from many people:
1. "Gluten is like a tranquilizer to me. My stomach turns to cement and bloats within the hour. Being wheat-free has allowed my gut to be settled. No more bloating. Yippee! Energy instead of tiredness. My moods are more positive, mental clarity has returned and my joints no longer ache'. Wendy
2. A must read! 31 March 2015 By Kim Bennett
This guide has truly changed my life. It's amazing how much support I have gotten from the online site as well. I have worked closely with Kathy Strahan via email support and one-on-one step by step care through this journey. I never felt alone. She referred me to many cooking videos and companion sites to further my understanding of leading a gluten-free life. The book has great recipes in it.
3. A must read book for those suffering from problems arising from gluten in their diet... even those who are just gluten sensitive will find it informative... I don't suffer from any of the problems and still found it interesting and very easy to read. The information was clear and didn't get "bogged down". The recipes sound delicious and am definitely going to try some of them... Well done Ros and Kathy! Bev Walter
4. 'The recipes are very easy to use' By Yasmeenon April 7, 2015
I found this book very practical and user friendly. the recipes are very easy to use. The information helped me to improve my health problems with IBS. I am very pleased to apply recipes in my everyday life. great job.
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your world.