Thursday, July 23, 2015

Author: Debbie W. Wilson

Author Interview
Author name:  Debbie W. Wilson

Book title and Subtitle: Give Yourself a Break: Discover the Secrets to God's Rest

Genre: Bible Study


Debbie W. Wilson


Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am an ordinary woman who has experienced an extraordinary God. I work with my husband, Larry, at Lighthouse Ministries, a non-profit ministry we founded in 1991. I worked as a Christian counselor for 24 years. Before that, I served on the High School staff of CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ) from Boston to Southern California with stops in Indiana and Oklahoma. I enjoy teaching the Bible and helping people see how faith applies to everyday life. I seek to refresh people’s faith through my weekly blog for our ministry. My husband and I live in North Carolina with our two standard poodles who inspire some of my writing! Our two grown children are our best friends. 

What is one of your favorite positive sayings or quotes?

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13 NIV).

Who or What inspired you to start writing this book?

These are life lessons that have changed my life. I've taught them many times and decided to collect them in a study.

What three words would you use to describe this book?

Inspirational, Practical, Transformational

Who is your target group for this book?

It is for people of faith who want to enjoy their walk with Christ and live meaningful lives. People who need practical, spiritual refreshment.

Tell us about this book.

It is easy to pack our schedules and deplete our souls, or to allow unreasonable people or expectations to control us. This interactive study shows how to apply the secrets of God's rest in 10 areas that can rob our rest. The result is a transformed life of peace. This book is divided into five daily lessons on ten topics. It can be used individually, in groups, and in mentoring. 

Do you have a favorite chapter from this book?

Honestly, whichever one I'm teaching! The content of each one has changed my life. The chapter on worry is one of my favorites.

What do you hope people will gain from reading this book?

Learn to trust and walk with God in everyday ways and experience the joy and peace of entering His rest.

Is your book in Print, ebook or both?

Print

What advice would you give to other Writers?

Write what you are interested in. Keep plugging. The process helps us hone our message.
  
Tell us the link where potential readers can buy this book.


Any additional links?


Is there anything else you would like to share about this book? 

I'm creating a leader's guide for those who want to use it in small group discussions. You can contact me at my website to learn more: debbiewwilson.com. I may try an on-line or internet study. I invite you to subscribe to my blog so we can keep in touch.


Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your world.

Plan2Win