Saturday, September 19, 2015

Author: Lynn Case

Author Interview: Lynn Case

Book Title and Subtitle: Gabrielle, Lost

Genre: Fiction, Thriller, Suspense



Lynn Case

Tell us a bit about yourself.

I was born in Baytown, Texas not far from Houston.  A southern girl at heart, I have lived most of my life in California.  Except for a few years spent in Alaska while my husband, Dan, was in the U.S. Army.My husband and I have two grown children and many pets. Multiple dogs, cats and a very curious cockatoo named Clyde. My husband and I have traveled across the country and have visited thirty eight states in the U.S. some multiples times.  Through our travels is where I get some of the inspirations for my stories.

Writing short stories here and there while growing up, being a private person, I never shared my writings, even with close friends or family.   Much less allow them to be made public.  I was strongly encouraged to publish my first novel, Fear’s Revenge in September 2013.  I received tremendous feedback from readers so I decided to release my second novel, Return to Lily Cove in March 2014 and just his past August I released my third novel, Gabrielle, lost and I am currently working on my fourth novel in the series, Feathers in the Wind.  Hopefully, I can get this one done and released in early 2016. 

What is one of your favorite positive sayings or quotes?

Be true to yourself. 

Who or What inspired you to start writing this book?

I kept having scenes run through my mind and after a few days of it repeating itself I decided to start writing them down.  Day after day until the first book was done.  Then it was onto the next story.

What three words would you use to describe this book?

Roller Coaster Ride

Who is your target group for this book?

My books are about women in their late 30's.  Because basically us women are never older than that, right ladies?  So my target group is women 18 and over.  I feel that some of the chapters are a little graphic, so I wouldn't recommend them for younger audiences.

Tell us about this book.

Gabrielle Grimaldi, the former party girl from Fears Revenge, thought she had finally found the right man, Frank, to settle down with.  Her career in the fashion world was beginning to take off.  That is, until she gets the opportunity to do some training in Italy and meets Giada Rosso, a wild Italian, fast driving, hot tempered fashion house maverick that would be her trainer.  The two women have an instant connection.  Then Gabrielle meets Antonio, Gia’s brother and tensions begin to rise between the three of them.  She finds herself reverting back to her wilder ways.

Gabrielle soon discovers that her new found friends have a questionable family business on the dark side of the law.  She soon discovers shipments in the family vineyard wine bottles hidden amongst fabrics for the fashion house. Soon she must decide between her boyfriend in America and her new friends in Italy.  Confusion and tension rise as emotions continue to run high as kidnapping and sexual encounters ensue.Gabrielle then learns the connection between her boyfriend and her new friends in Italy. 

Do you have a favorite chapter from this book?

In Gabrielle, lost, my favorite chapter would be hmm . . . that's a tough one.  There are many scenes in that novel that I really feel good about.  Maybe cooking the lobsters in Chapter 1?  Or maybe being chasing around the office by her trainer.  Very tense and funny at the same time. 

What do you hope people will gain from reading this book?

Well, I hope they enjoy reading my novels for stories themselves.  I do hope the readers ultimately get the message that regardless of what or how your life has turned out we make our life what we want.  If we don't like what we have been dealt with in life, we have the inner power and strength to change it. 

Is your book in Print, ebook or both?

All my novels are available in print in pefect bound, hard bound and in ebook for those readers to download on their ipads, tablets and smart phone.

What advice would you give to other Writers?

Write, just write.  Write it down.  Whatever comes to mind.  It may not make sense to you right now, but later on it might.  Just keep writing, never give up something you love doing.

Tell us the link where potential readers can buy this book.


Any additional links?


Is there anything else you would like to share about this book?

I have been asked many times if I will ever do a book signing tour.  I actually have set up a fundraiser to help with marketing and travel costs for just that purpose.  If you would like donate please go to:


Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your world.
Plan2Win